The ART Portrait | Prop & Model Search
Photographer Kim Campbell is looking for a collection of different props and kids for a photographic art project she is working on. Want to be a part of an interesting art image? Well give her a hand by pitching in to stock up her prop closet or offering your kid. She welcomes donations, loan offers or items for sale (she’ll just borrow your child though).
Look through your dress-up clothes, peek around your attic or keep an eye out at garage sales for the following items.
- Masks – Sized to cover a child’s face or eyes. Non-commercial in subject. Nothing horror or fright related please.
- Costume pieces for a Mermaid, Rooster, Devil, Shrimp, Parrot, Native American, Frog, Fish, Sun or unusual homemade costume pieces.
- Musical instruments to borrow – Mandolin, Cello, Drum, Harp, and a child who can play.
- Misc. props – a bonnet, barrel, old eye glasses, hats, interesting umbrella with old fashioned curved wood handle, stuffed bird (taxidermy optional), unusual child-sized boots, old-fashioned bow and arrows, star, cool old bell that’s at least 6” tall, a crown or a sparkly tiara in metal not plastic.
- Clothes – Clothes to fit children ages 5 – 10 years that she can adorn with objects. Simple shift dresses without design or pattern. Tutus in different colors. Blazers and ties for boys. Capes.
She is particularly looking for pieces that are homemade (by adults or kids), old-fashioned, retro and unique to incorporate into her photo project.
Child Model Call
Kim is also still looking for a few children ages 5-10 years old to include in her project. If your child is comfortable in front of the camera, enjoys dressing up and being creative, has a closet full of dress up clothes and/or costumes and has a flair for the dramatic that might be a perfect fit. Models will receive a complimentary session and a $258 print credit in exchange for modeling and a signed model release.
Contact Kim directly at (studio(at)campbellsalgado(dot)com), please include photos and a brief description of your child or items when possible.